Situated in the heart of the Central Flyway, the Cheyenne Ridge North Platte Outpost is quickly becoming recognized as one of the country’s most predictable waterfowl destinations.
Occupying three miles of river bottom and over 5,000 acres of Cheyenne Ridge Outfitters-owned land, the North Platte Outpost invites you to enjoy some of the best waterfowl shooting there is. With both river frontage and flooded fields, we have open water throughout the season, regardless of the weather. In addition to an abundance of ducks, large numbers of Canadian geese use this area as staging grounds before heading further south. Enjoy your passion for duck hunting from the comfort of our heated blinds in the morning, followed in the afternoon by some of the best pheasant and chukar hunting in the Midwest.
Most waterfowl hunting at the North Platte Outpost takes place in permanent blinds on either the Platte River itself or on one of our many flooded fields. All morning hunts are conducted by professional guides accompanied by well-trained retrievers. Since one great hunt deserves another, afternoons are often spent chukar hunting, with either traditional block and drive method or accompanied by flushing dogs.
Duck Hunting Habitat ↗
The habitat surrounding the Platte River bottom is an ideal location to experience waterfowl traveling down the Central Flyway. The combination of agricultural land bordering the river system and its tributaries, along with the fluctuations of water levels provides a ready food source for ducks and geese. The North Platte Outpost is also located adjacent to large cattle feeding operations which are a natural attraction for passing waterfowl.
Waterfowl Season ↗
Waterfowl seasons are set by the federal government and vary slightly from year to year. They typically open in early November and continue through late January. Chukars can be hunted throughout the waterfowl season.
The accommodations, food and service at the North Platte Outpost are every bit as good as the waterfowl hunting. And, with room for up to 12 guests, the Outpost is the perfect place to get away with friends and family or entertain corporate clients.
After a successful day afield, return to a true culinary experience at the lodge, with mouth-watering delights that could include smoked pheasant dip, roasted prime rib, goat cheese and basil stuffed chicken breast or an applewood bacon wrapped duck breast. Enjoy drinks in one of our spacious great rooms or an appointment with a professionally trained masseuse before climbing under your cozy down comforter to call it a night. When it comes to the North Platte Outpost, your comfort is our priority.
Weather & Travel ↗
Temperatures in Nebraska can vary greatly during the hunting season. It is traditionally warm during the October opener and it is downright cold during peak waterfowl season, adding to the excellent hunting. October’s average high is 65F and low of 34F, November’s average high is 48F and low of 21F, December’s average high is 37F and low of 11F, January’s average high is 34F and low of 8F.
Transportation from the Scott’s Bluff Regional Airport, located within minutes from the North Platte Outpost Lodge, is included in all hunting packages. Another option is to fly to Denver and rent a car. For the latter, you can expect a 3.5-hour drive.
3 Night/2 Day Combo Hunt
- Early season: $3,750 /hunter
- Regular season: $4,025 /hunter
Includes duck, geese, pheasant and chukar
4 Night/3 Day Combo Hunt
- Early season: $4,575 /hunter
- Regular season: $4,850 /hunter
Includes duck, geese, pheasant and chukar
1 Night Upland Bird Hunt
- $2,725 /hunter
Non-hunting guest all-inclusive rate: / $250 per night.
Shipping, massages, suggested 15% gratuity, and sales tax are not included in the above pricing.
For More information or questions – please fill out the form below or contact us at 678.388.2205
Our most popular packages are listed below, with the early season running from the beginning of November through Thanksgiving Day and the regular season starting the day after Thanksgiving.
- First waterfowl Lodge to receive the prestigious Beretta Trident rating for excellence
- Morning duck hunt and afternoon upland bird or goose hunt
- River/field property rested two days each week to ensure better waterfowl concentrations
- Duck daily limit of five mallards and one bonus duck
- Goose daily limit of five Canada geese
- Pheasant daily limit of three birds
- Chukar daily limit of five birds
- Hunting licenses
- Bird cleaning, shipping, and processing of daily limit (special processing additional charge)
- Unlimited ammunition for waterfowl and upland bird hunting
- Newly remodeled, single and double occupancy, luxurious guest rooms
- Roundtrip shuttle service from the Scottsbluff, NE, regional airport
- All meals and hors d’oeurves prepared by our Gourmet Chef
- Vintage wines, premium beers, and quality liquor
Our all-inclusive waterfowl and upland bird hunting packages also include:
- Fully guided hunts with professional guides and outstanding retrievers
- Dog kennels if you decide to bring your canine companion
- Beretta loaner guns, should you choose not to bring your own
- Heated pit blinds for your comfort during your waterfowl hunts
- Quality decoy spreads waiting for you each morning
- Waterfowl-themed River Room with outstanding taxidermy
- Great Room with gaming tables and big-screen TVs
- Sauna and on-site massage therapy services (licensed therapists available for an additional charge
Prices are subject to change. Call to confirm package pricing or if you would like information on our blind buyout opportunities and lodge exclusivity rates.
Parties with fewer than four may be required to hunt with another group. We will do our best to prevent this.